Sunday, October 28, 2007

Finding New Muscles Every Day

I went to the Velo Bella CX clinic yesterday, which was a total blast after I got over being terrified of some of the technical aspects of the course. Linda Elgart was coaching our small group. She was great and coached us through each section - how she might approach it and various alternatives.

I finally learned how to do a moving mount, which is cool. It is slow, but I can do it. It's more of a walking mount than a flying mount. Of course, it took me a bit longer than the others in my group to pick it up. When they were moving on to barriers, I was getting "uh, you might want to work on mount and dismount a while longer". Translation: "You are going to hit the barrier and it's going to leave a mark".

Another fun part of the day was hearing Sheila Moon whooping and giggling her way around the course. She was clearly having a LOT of fun!

Then, I woke up this morning and discovered a couple dozen muscles that I didn't even know were there.

Today, Costume Cross! I need to go zip tie some stuff to my helmet.

7 comments:

twinkiepatissier said...

bruise count, please?

glad you had fun at the clinic!!

CyclistRick said...

Twinkie - known bruise count now, or should we wait and give a more accurate count in a couple of days?

chatterbox said...

Hey twinkie, I think I could more accurately count the bruise 'areas', as many bruises have joined together to cover large expanses :) Were you there today? We didn't see you. You teammie handed me a bottle, though. That was cool.

Beth said...

just because we don't have a snazzy team kit doesn't mean us unattached riders don't care about others. oh contraire, we make friends with everyone. call us bridge builders.

chatterbox said...

Thanks, Beth! I was bummed not to have you in the race to bumble around the obstacles with me. But, I sure was happy to see you with that water bottle! You rock! Oh, and I still have some silly string on my stuff as a memory of your fabulous costume.

twinkiepatissier said...

ooooh, i am just waking up, and i'm already feeling warm and fuzzy...to see another cx convert coming this way!

very sorry to miss the action-packed party out there. :(

as for the bruise tally, the correct time to count is the day after abuse.

twinkiepatissier said...

oh contraire, we make friends with everyone. call us bridge builders.

we are just sluts.