OK, so I should really be finishing a term paper and getting the web site all primped for the product launch on Monday, but I just can't help myself. I need a diversion.
I know some of you will think I'm a freak, and I know I totally blew in Madera. But, I really, really like the TT. And, as a woman of larger stature with monstrous, sustained-power, gear mashing legs, I think I can get better at this discipline. Though, I shudder at the idea of buying yet another bike....
1. The TT is about discipline. I like discipline. This is a good thing for me.
2. The TT is about self-motivation. I'm actually more self-motivated than pack motivated. So, another good thing.
3. The TT is about pushing yourself into the red zone and then pushing a little harder. I'm just masochistic enough to be able to do this.
4. The TT is about sustained power rather than surges. I really hate the surges.
5. You know going into the TT exactly how hard you are going to work. In a crit or road race, you never know if people are going to take a nap or attack like banshees. You never know what you're getting into. I like predictability.