Thursday, December 20, 2007

Ride 'em Roller Girl!

I conquered yet another fear today. I learned to ride the rollers. Of course, I felt a little guilty, since those were supposed to be Rick's b-day gift, and he's only used them for about 15 minutes so far. But, then the feeling of terror overcame my feeling of guilt.

I started with one hand doing the death grip on the frame of the garage door. Then, I moved so that I could lean my left hip on the frame of the door slightly until I got rolling. Of course, I also got to practice not freaking out when I would 'bump' with the door frame. I had issues with shifting and getting all squirrely, but I was able to remove one hand from the bars briefly by the end of the hour. So, all in all, it was major progress. Hooray!

6 comments:

Itinerant Rick said...

Actually, it was a bit over a half hour that day, not 15 min. I will have my time on them. But I told you from the beginning I viewed the concept as a shared resource, so ride away my sweet.

And good for you in conquering the fear!

Chris said...

Good job. No roller pictures?

chatterbox said...

chris - no pix. I'll have to get cyclistrick to catch me sweating on the rollers some time soon.

Anonymous said...

brave woman!

Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

yay!

Kimberly (aka. DrKim) said...

rollers are hard..did you see
marco's post with the rollers video? marcofanelli.blogspot.com

It's worth a look...and make sure you have the sound turned on so you catch his daughter's comments...