Friday, March 16, 2007

I've sinned, and there is no repentance in my heart


I had an unplanned bike ride today (a very mellow one) to Foothill College to observe a class for my master's program. It felt wrong to drive for the 4th day in a row - especially since Foothill was celebrating an early Earth Day today. So, no snack. Then, I rolled into work at 11:30 and felt too guilty to go out to get food. So, I scrounged up some stir-fried udon noodles and vegetables left over from our customer training class in the lunchroom (calorie defecit at record level at this point).

At 3:30, I finally had enough of a break to escape for my afternoon jolt at Starbuck's. I was feeling hungry, and there it was calling to me from the pastry case - an oooey, gooey fudge brownie with caramel. I brought it back to my desk and savored every one of its 580 calories. I even tore the bag open to make sure I didn't miss any crumbs or globs of caramel. I know it was wrong, but it felt so good! I guess I'll have to skip the St. Patty's Day social upstairs as part of my penance. I can't really justify a beer before riding my bike home anyway.

4 comments:

Itinerant Rick said...

Mmmmm, chocolate decadence, complete with caramel. Sounds yummy. Now I have to leave for the train station with visions of sugar plums ....

Chris said...

No drinking and biking Chatterbox. You may get a BUI. :)

chatterbox said...

Yeah, I succesfully avoided the St. Patty's Day thing due to a Perl script that needed debugging. No BUI for me this year!

Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

580 calories!!! Isn't that amazing?

ps -- I have a friend who got a BUI in San Jose. He also got a SUI (skating while intoxicated). He also got a ticket for smoking a joint in my parked car. Damn! do you wonder why he's not my friend anymore?