Monday, July 21, 2008

Weekend Adventures

In addition to chauffeuring, shopping, cooking and gardening on the weekends, I have managed to get out for some cycling adventures. Though, since I am on my own, there are no fun pictures to show :(

This weekend, I did a couple of favorite loops in Los Altos Hills. It's a very hilly route, and I worked on climbing accelerations as intervals during my climbs. I was doing great until Moody Rd. steep part when I thought I was putting the dérailleur in the spokes. Turns out it was just my left pedal starting to die. Sigh.



Sunday, I decided that since I had my mountain bike out and prepped for last week's Dirty Velo Girls ride, I could do another MTB ride. Unfortunately, we don't live super-close to any trails. And, I absolutely abhor the idea of driving my bike to a trail head. So, I wandered 9 miles to the south to hit some new trails I haven't tried in the Steven's Canyon area. I left from the Reservoir area and looped back into the other side of Cupertino. The Coyote Ridge trail was a good cut-across. It wasn't technical at all, but made up for it in steepness. Yikes. It was lowest gear full-on humping with sternum to the bars and butt in the seat due to just enough loose gravel for traction to be an issue. Wow! That worked me over. Fun times!

6 comments:

elis said...

Yay for fun bike rides!

Chris said...

Dirty Velo Girls. HA! I need an MTB.

~ lauren said...

that's a cool map thing.

mountain biking makes it all okay. hope rick is healing well.

Sweet Cheeks said...

Glad you got on the dirt again - we were concerned...great to see you last Thursday!

Kim Ladd said...

Glad to see you getting out to do a few things for yourself. I made Anna and Willem (after his crash) some killer chicken tortilla soup. I hope you take me up on my offer to lend a hand when I get back.

Groover said...

So good to hear that you are back on the bike. How are you both going? Your tailbone ok? And Rick is healing?