Thursday, January 8, 2009

Some Good Reads

I'll admit it. I'm really behind on blogging. It's not that I haven't been writing anything...I have. I just haven't gotten around to finishing and posting what I've been writing.

So, until I get all that under control, here are some good reads:

The Olive Grove, a Palestinian Story, by Deborah Rohan - This is an account of the events in Palestine circa 1920s-1950ish as told by a longtime resident of the Galilee area. The story was recorded by an American into the form of the book. It's told in narrative style, so a bit more interesting than your average memoir.

People of the Book, by Geraldine Brooks - A Jewish prayer book undergoes preservation by an archivist after it is rescued during the war in Sarajevo by a Muslim librarian. The archivist finds interesting artifacts in the book that take her back through it's history.

Four Corners: A Journey into the Heart of Papua New Guinea and Cruelest Journey: Six Hundred Miles To Timbuktu two true adventure stories by Kira Salak, author of the previously recommended White Mary.

No comments: